Development Tools and Libraries
Columbus Viewer is written in Java and built on top of the following tools and libraries:
- Netbeans and its Matisse GUI Editor (Netbeans)
- SwingX, a set extensions to the Swing GUI toolkit available at Swinglabs and distributed under the terms of of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence (LGPL)
- JFreeCharts, a Java chart library, available at JFreeChart and distributed under the terms of of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence (LGPL)
- GavaghanGeodesy, a Java library for geodesy computations (Gavaghan)
Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding are provided by
- Geonames (Geonames), which is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
- OpenStreetMap (made available under the terms of the Open Street Map License).
- MapTiles are Copyright © OpenStreetMap (and) contributors, CC-BY-SA (Open Street Map License).
- CycleMap, Transport, Landscape, and Outdoors are © Gravitystorm Limited and distributed under the terms of CC-BY-SA. See Thunderforest.com for more details.